|IMF Headquarters, Washington, DC.|
Surveillance of the global economy
- Palestinian Authority – GDDS
- Hong Kong – SDDS
- EU institutions:
- Eurostat for the whole EU – SDDS, thus providing data from Cyprus (not using any DDSystem on its own) and Malta (using only GDDS on its own)
Conditionality of loans
- Cutting expenditures, also known as austerity.
- Focusing economic output on direct export and resource extraction,
- Devaluation of currencies,
- Trade liberalization, or lifting import and export restrictions,
- Balancing budgets and not overspending,
- Enhancing the rights of foreign investors vis-a-vis national laws,
- Improving governance and fighting corruption.