Appointment to service of Pakistan and conditions of service: (a) in the case of the civil services of the Federation, posts in connection with the affairs of the Federation and Civil Services by the Parliament).
(b) in the case of the services of a provinces, the posts in connection with the affairs of the provinces, by act of the Provincial Assembly.
Existing rules: All rules and orders in force immediately before the commencing day shall, so far as consistent with the provisions of the Constitution.
Public Service Commission: The Parliament in relation to the affairs of the Federation, and the Provincial Assemblies of the Provinces in relation to affairs of the Provinces, may, by law, provide for the establishment and constitution of a Public Service Commission.—Part XII: Chapter 1: Services and Miscellaneous [Article 240-242], source
- Pakistan Customs Services (PCS)
- Commerce & Trade Group (PCG)
- Inland Revenue Service of Pakistan (IRS)
- Information Group (IG)
- Military Lands & Cantonment Group (MLCG)
- Office Management Group (OMG)
- Pakistan Audit and Accounts Service (PAAS)
- Postal Group (PG)
- Railways (Commercial & Transport) Group (RCTG)